Are you tired or bored at home? Why not use that time to make a beauty mist for yourself. This will not only make you relax but will also ensure you promote your skin health by making and using these beauty product. The process is simple and makes use of ingredients that are not difficult to find. Let us look at how you can make a beauty mist at home
The following ingredients will be used in making the beauty mist.
- 1 tablespoons of Himalayan sea salt.
- Half a tablespoon of tree tea oil.
- 1 cup of peppermint tea
- 2 drops of lavender and lemongrass essential oils each.
To make the beauty mist, use the following instructions.
- Make one cup of tea using peppermint tea.
- While the tea is still hot, add one tablespoon of sea salt and stir until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Leave the tea to cool down then add the tree tea oil and the essential oils.
- Put the solution in a spraying bottle and apply it on the affected areas of the skin.
The solution made should be stored in a refrigerator and used for not more than a week. If you have sensitive skin, you should use half of all the above ingredients with the exception of peppermint.
How beneficial is the beauty mist?
The beauty mist will benefit the skin in many ways. This include.
- Sea salt is a natural antiseptic that will help prevent the development of acne by killing all bacteria. The salt will also help to get rid of the excess sebum which will lead to a clean and soft skin. In addition, the skin’s pH level will be balanced which will reduce the chances of acne and other breakouts.
- Peppermint essential oil will help in the soothing of skin irritation. It will also stop the over-production of sebum and reduce the growth of bacteria responsible for acne breakouts.
- For those who have already developed acne breakouts, tree tea oil will help to keep them in check and reduce the chances of developing scars.
- Lavender oil will also offer immense benefits to the skin. This is mainly due to its rich content in antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Apart from soothing irritated skin, it will also help sooth it. This will help treat people with acne or dry skin. It will also help to prevent the formation of scars brought about by acne.
- Lemongrass is yet another essential oil whose benefits to the ski cannot be over-emphasized. It is endowed with three properties that enable it to be effective in this regard. These are antifungal, antiseptic, and antimicrobial properties. All these enable this essential oil to fight bacteria present in the skin and reduce the chances of acne breakouts.
A beauty mist will benefit your skin in many ways. This is mainly due to the great ingredients used which will benefit the skin as it has been discussed above. Additionally, it is a cheap way of getting a beauty treatment.